Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'm Back

OK so I know I've been MIA for a while now, but I'm back now and promise to update my blog with pics before Monday. Let me start off by saying the boys are doing great, including Wade. Logan and Reed have really grown a lot in the past few weeks. I'm anxious to see how much they weigh when we go to the doctor on 7/9 for their 2 month check up. That's right, 2 months already! Hard to believe. My time at home with them went by fast. John and I were back and forth about what would be best for everyone as far as me returning to work. I proposed returning to work part-time hoping my boss would go for it, but thinking she probably wouldn't. Guess what, she did! I now work full days on Tuesday and Wednesday. The schedule could possibly change in the future, but for now, that works best for both me and the company. It felt like such a huge weight had been lifted once those details were ironed out. We're still trying to figure out who we're going to get to watch the twins those two days so keep us in your prayers that we make the right decision.

My absence is not so much because I've been so busy, I just had no desire to get online. I sit in front of a computer all day at work so I guess I just needed a break. I promise to be better.

Wade has been doing great with the boys. Sometimes he ignores them. Other times he's all over them. I have to watch him to make sure he's not being too rough, but for the most part he's done really well. I now have wall to wall car seats in my Acadia. The other day I looked in my rear view mirror to see Wade riding with his hands over his ears to block out the crying. Poor guy! I guess he had had enough. He and Dad escape outside often! I guess I can say the terrible two's have arrived. Wade has definitely been testing us lately. He tells us no and doesn't listen. He's got this new pouty/mean look he throws out to whomever when he's in a mood. We'll be at church and a nice old lady will walk up and say Hi Wade! Out comes the face accompanied with a "Ugh" sound while he's clinging to either mine or John's leg. Imagine the sound a kid makes when he stomps his foot. Ah, my sweet baby boy. It's all a part of him gaining his independence, or so I'm told. He is doing great at school and is so smart. He can say his ABC's, count to nearly 20, he knows his shapes and colors and can sing all sorts of songs. Everyday he surprises us with something new whether it's a new word or song and we're so proud. He's getting so big! He has done great with his new room and big boy bed. The other night, I was putting him down for the night. He likes for me to scratch his back after reading a book so we were being quiet and winding down and out of no where he said, "Mama, you're my best friend." Talk about a jolt to my heart! I said, "Awe, buddy, your my best friend too." He then said, "Daddy is my best friend too. You're both my best friends." I had to call John in so he could hear him. It was so sweet. See, there's my sweet baby boy. He'll do something to drive me crazy and then he gets you when you're least expecting it! We're working on getting him potty trained. I'm not buying anymore diapers, just pull-ups. I hear boys are harder to train and I believe it. Now that it's summer, maybe John can teach him to go outside. Don't ask me, it's a guy thing.

Logan and Reed are smiling now. It's so precious. Logan smiles more while Reed is more vocal. They can track an object with their eyes and turn their head to follow it. They're feeding every 3 hours. I keep them on the same schedule. Their last feeding is around 10pm. They normally wake up around 2-3am, typically their longest stretch, and then again at 6-7am. Not too bad. They are looking more and more alike. Reed seems to be the more active one. We'll lay them on their play mat and Reed will pump his legs back and forth like he's riding a bicycle. Logan is more laid back. It will be fun to watch them grow older and see if their traits stay the same. They both enjoy bath time. Honestly, having two hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. I'm able to feed them both at the same time. Afterwards, I pump. It seems like all I ever do is pump! The biggest thing is me not feeling like I can get out and go with them like I could Wade. I have a few times, but not too many.

I guess that's enough of an update for now. Sorry it turned out to be so lengthy. Again, pics coming soon!

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Whoo hoo! I am so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Wendy!!! I'm so glad to hear things are going so well! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Heather said...

Glad all worked out with going back to work! I've been thinking about you this week. Called you the other night. I'm sure we'll see you this weekend. Talk to you soon!

Danna said...

I was just telling Chris last night at dinner that I needed to find out what you decided to do about work....glad that worked out for you! Give them all kisses for me! Love ya and miss ya!

Ashley said...

YAY-you're back! I keep checking and I was surprised to find a post! THANKS! I love the update on everyone and I cannot wait to meet the twins in a few weeks. Hopefully we'll talk soon. Miss you!

Amy said...

Yay - Wendy!!!! I am happy that you were able to go back to work part time.
I need pictures. From what I have seen on Fb they are ADORABLE!